"We are deeply touched and grateful for the contributions that organisations and individuals are making to assist Australian communities and wildlife in this difficult time.
"We have had a number of people asking how they can help with the fire response and recovery. Information on how you can help is provided on our website. Thank you all again; our thoughts are with everyone affected by the fires. Advice on travel to Australia is also provided."
For more information on where to donate, follow this link to the Australian High Commision's website https://bit.ly/2Rv9Z12
For those who wish to make cash donations, PNG organisations with Australian partners include:
• Caritas Papua New Guinea has set up an account at the Westpac Waigani branch to receive cash donations. People who make donations are encouraged to send copies of deposit slips and their contact details.
• Donations will support work being undertaken by Caritas Australia, the Salvation Army, and St Vincent de Paul in Australia. Caritas PNG can be contacted on 3259577.
• The PNG Red Cross Society is collecting contributions at their office at Peturu Street, 3 Mile on behalf of the Australian Red Cross.
• Donations will support the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund. PNG Red Cross can be contacted on 3257016 or 3258579.
• The Papua New Guinea Australia Alumni Association has set up a BSP bank account to receive cash donations. Details appear on their Facebook page. Donations will go towards the New South Wales Rural Fire Service and the Victorian Government Bushfire Appeal.