Australia Awards PNG says that midwifery scholarships will contribute to addressing quality maternal and neo-natal health outcomes in urban and rural settings across Papua New Guinea.
For study in 2019 the Australian government will offer scholarships for currently registered nurses to study a Bachelor of Midwifery at the following PNG institutions:
• Lutheran School of Nursing (1½ years across three semesters)
• Pacific Adventist University (1 year across two semesters)
• St Mary's School of Nursing (1½ years across three semesters, open to women only)
• University of Goroka (1½ years across three semesters)
• University of Papua New Guinea (1 year across two semesters)