He said that as of March 13, no-one yet had been found to have a positive test for coronavirus.
"We have a team of dedicated health experts and professionals who are work round-the-clock to ensure we have measures in place to prevent, detect, manage and treat any case of Covid-19.
"We have developed a Covid-19 preparedness and response plan that outlines key measures from across different scenarios: from alert phase, containment and mitigation."
Marape said there were personnel at points of entry to the country who were screening inbound passengers and other measures include:
• Prevent all passengers travelling from the following countries from entering PNG until they have completed a 14-day quarantine outside the country - these countries include Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and China.
• Place a 60-day ban on all public servants from official overseas travel.
• Ban on cruise ships and yachts used for leisure with more than 15 people on board
• Setting up quarantine facilities initially in Port Moresby and Lae and eventually in Rabaul and Mount Hagen as part of our contingency plan preparations.
• For the next 90 days requiring quarantine clearance must be cleared only at the declared ports of Motukea, Lae and Rabaul. Severe penalties will be imposed on overseas sailing directly to any unauthorised ports.
• Preparations are being made to conduct testing in Port Moresby and Madang within two weeks.
Apart from the usual personal hygiene measures which apply, Marape added that anyone feeling unwell should remain at home.
"Do not spread the disease to others, and the health teams continue to conduct risk assessment. Any further updates will be released regularly to ensure that citizens are kept abreast of the status of coronavirus globally and in PNG," Marape said.