Morobe Province Governor Ginson Saonu is also part of the delegation, the second one since both men were elected to office.
The event coincides with the Cairns Festival, which takes place on the weekend of August 25 and 26.
Apart from Rosso and Saonu, the delegation will include government and business representatives and the Tradelinked organisation has extended an invitation for others to attend the various workshops, site visits and functions.
The provisional agenda includes:
• Export and import opportunities for Lae
• Tourism - A future to start again
• Lessons learned and gained in the rebirth of Cairns from tropical jungle to the thriving business and tourism hub it is today
• Site tours of various business interests, such as water recycling and waste management
• Preparing for growth - taking on the competition and working with
• Showcasing Lae-Morobe products and culture
• Coffee, coconut, cultural and weaving
• Education - a better way?
• The synergy of education and business
• Up-skilling and relations with international colleges, universities and TAFEs
• Site tours of various educational facilities
• Chamber relations and opportunities
• Wafi-Golpu presentation
• Agri-business opportunities
• Seasonal Work opportunities for PNG nationals in Cairns
• Meeting with the PNG Consulate in Cairns, Luke Kulimbao
• Meeting with Friends of PNG - Cairns Chapter
Anyone interested in attending should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7266-7212. Packages can be arranged through Tradelinked Cairns and PNG, facilitator Deb Maguire at +61 405 928 43 or email@example.com