Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate

Landowners in Enga province are considering whether the government should reject Barrick Gold’s application to extend the Porgera gold mine licence for another 20 years.

Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate Porgera licence renewal sparks community debate

Environmental concerns pitted against infrastructure development

 
The mine is operated by Barrick Niugini through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin, which hold a 95% participating interest, with the remaining 5% owned by Mineral Resource