JFP last week said it had sent Barrick a position statement outlining various environmental and human rights concerns surrounding the company's massive Porgera mine in Papua New Guinea.
The group said it would be seeking billions of dollars in compensation.
Barrick said it reviewed the statement, released on Thursday.
"The state solicitor of Papua New Guinea reviewed a similar position statement issued in 2013, and found the claims to have no legal merit," a Barrick spokesman said in an emailed statement to MiningNews.net.
"Barrick agrees with this assessment and believes the claims put forward by the Justice Foundation for Porgera have no legal merit."
Barrick said it was committed to constructive dialogue with all of its stakeholders.
"The Porgera joint venture mine maintains a number of formal channels for landowners and other groups to raise issues of concern on an ongoing basis," the company said.
Toronto-based Barrick also noted that JFP was not a party to the Porgera memorandum of agreement or any other agreements with PNG or the Porgera JV.
"Barrick encourages all stakeholders to raise issues of concern directly with the mine through its established dialogue channels," Barrick said.
The company said Porgera was a major driver of economic development in PNG.
"Porgera provides direct employment for approximately 4000 employees and contractors, including many landowners, making it the largest single employer in the Enga province," the company said.
"The mine has awarded more than 20,000 contracts to individuals and businesses in Papua New Guinea and makes substantial investments in projects to support improved health care, education and infrastructure in its local communities."
Barrick is currently trying to sell its 95% stake in Porgera.